What makes a great dance band? This is a question we’ve been answering for years.
A great dance band
- Knows how to play to their audience, the dancing guests
- Is medium to high energy on stage
- Performs lots of medleys and long versions of dance covers so the dancing is continuous and seamless
- Is wonderful to work with, highly professional, doesn’t take long breaks unless asked to do so and knows their craft
- Has a terrific sound man and
- Has something other dance bands lack beyond the above, something “intangible”
There are other characteristics that are important for a great band to have but the above covers most of it, we believe.